Learning in the now
What does it mean to be the university of ‘now’? To ‘learn in the now’? To ‘learn from the now’?
Bond University stands at the cusp of the present and the future. Right now, our students are learning by doing.
- What their chosen industry is really all about through internships with leading employers;
- How first world solutions can solve third world problems by working in remote communities in Australia, Africa and the Pacific;
- How the rest of the world lives and thinks by competing in international competitions and travelling overseas to live and study for a semester in another country;
- How to start their own business… by actually starting their own business;
- How to be leaders by heading up project teams, sports teams and on-campus clubs;
- How to be team players by collaborating and negotiating with fellow students;
- Why they need to be aware and engaged in what’s going on in the world around them.
Most of all, they’re learning what the future holds for them – not just in terms of technology and new career opportunities; but recognising and understanding their own potential selves: Who they can be. What they have to offer. How they can make a difference.